Thursday, June 17, 2010

Softball at 52 - Week 7 - 8

we've only played twice over the last two weeks but they've been good games.

Week 6 - lead changed every half inning for the first 4 innings until we went ahead for good and held on for a 12-10 win. Josh made a great diving catch in right center. For some reason our outfielders decided this was a good game to try and throw people out at first, did not work out very well. I went 3 - 4. Can anyone stop me? I don't think so! Actually it would be pretty easy, move outfielders in 10 - 15 feet, move everyone to the left side of the field and I wouldn't get another hit the rest of the season.

Week 7 - What a great baseball game. One of the best defensive games I've ever seen. They came out and hit everything hard in the first inning scoring 3, we came back and scored 2. score stayed that way until the bottom of the sixth when we scored to tie the game. In between was a game of diving catches, great stops and cannon arms. Both teams had chances to blow the game open but were stopped by one clutch defensive play after another. Our outfielders threw out at least 5 baserunners. Game went 9 innings, they won 7 - 3 finally breaking thru with 4 runs.

I went 1 - 1. Only played the first 3 innings. I've been sick this week and am still not quite right. Dianna didn't want me to play at all and actually I wasn't planning to if we had enough there, but once I got to the ballpark, couldn't resist playing. So I compromised and told the coach I didn't want to play the whole game so he could sub someone in at first. Wish I hadn't done that, it would have been a fun game to play.

Season total - 16 for 25 with 4 walks.

No comments: