Thursday, July 22, 2010

Softball at 52 - Another Season Done


Well I kind of fell down on my job of posting each
week about the season and now it's over. Maybe the fact that I went into a big slump and we didn't play quite as well over the last 4 weeks could have something to do with me not writings as much. Did we really only go 3 and 3 in our last 6 games? I can remember two of the loses but not the 3rd. We finished 11 - 7. Should have been better but we always had a good time whether we won or lost. I finished the year 24 - 47 plus 8 walks. Don't know how many runs or rbi's I had, Coach Rhodes was supposed to be keeping a scorebook this year but that didn't last past the first couple of games. Probably led the team in both, but we'll never know so I can say whatever I want. Enjoyed this year alot better than the last few, it helps when you play better. But even more than playing better, this was a good group of guys to hang out and play ball with.

Each year I get asked if I'm going to play again next year. I usually answer with something about never retiring or until nobody will let me play. Sometimes I think when I'm 60 would be a good time to quit. But now I'm thinking, I've already got to play with one of my best friend's sons, wonder if I can make it long enough to play with Paxton, the son of one of my favorite couples (Ted & Allison).

That seems like a pretty good goal. See ya next season.

1 comment:

Bowsman Family said...

Wow, we made your blog!! And even a picture of Paxton. I feel very special. And I love the new goal. Paxton will be honored to play with you (especially with the whole grandfather-in-law thing...)
Great season to all of you!