Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Music Monday - Big Hair Bands

A local radio station has been running a best big hair band song bracket contest, having listeners call and vote to determine the winners. This got me to thinking about my favorite big hair band songs. I loved the whole cheesy big hair, makeup wearing, goofy pop-metal era, especially all the power ballads. Now is it great music, of course not, but don't we all like a little junk food now and then. So here are 5 of my favorite.

#5 - Warrant - Heaven -


#4 - Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead or Alive - yea, I know but what can I say, I like it.


#3 - Motley Crue - Home Sweet Home - Don't really care for many Crue songs except this one.


#2 - Lita Ford - Close Your Eyes Forever. I loved, loved, loved Lita Ford! Hard to beat a Hot Girl and a guitar. Added bonus Ozzy.


#1 - Skid Row - 18 & Life - My favorite big hair band song.
Tequila in his heartbeat, His veins burned gasoline.
It kept his motor running but it never kept him clean.

No comments: